Review Time

I know I've been a terrible blogger--do I still even qualify as a blogger?  I'll explain it all later (why I've been MIA) but just wanted to quickly share a couple of my favorite review videos, as the state tests creep up on us!

First of all, my new FAVORITE videos are from Flocabulary, a site that reviews concepts through hip hop.  My kids are enthralled!  It covers writing, reading, math, science, and some social studies.  This is a paid site, but you can get a two week free trial.  It's only $5 a month...and I feel like it's worth it.  They do free songs and videos each month as well if your trial is up or you can't do the $5.  Click here to see the free titles.  So far, my favorites are prefixes, story elements, figurative language, states of matter, and energy. 

Also, on YouTube, here are a couple of my favorites: 
Cells:  Parts of a cell
Rocks:  Fossil Rocks
Order of Operations: Mr. QUE PEMDAS
Prime: prime numbers rap
***Thanks to a follower Ecosystems:  Mr. Parr

Here is a link to all Study Jams (all free). 
My favorite Study Jams:
Air Masses: fronts
Plants:  Photosynthesis
Water Cycle:  water cycle
Fractions:  Fractions are your friend
Matter:  solids, liquids, gases
Rocks:  Rock Cycle

Also, don't forget Brainpop and Brainpop Jr.! 

For those of you who teach atoms, I leave you with a little adult, cheesy humor:



 
Study on.


13 comments

  1. My students love Flocabulary! They always want to sing the figurative language one....most have the rap down. I am going to show the prime number video on Monday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you search mr. parr on youtube. HE has FANTASTIC songs for science! LOVE THE CELL SONG !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I added him into one of my faves. Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey! I just found out I am teaching 5th grade next year - jumping up from 2nd! Crazy!!!

    I just posted about it. If you get a chance, please stop and share some advice :)
    http://thesweetestthing623.blogspot.com/<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found out I will be moving from 3rd to 5th grade next year so I was searching for some good 5th grade site. I was happy to come across yours and see that you have a post where you focus on Flowcabulary. I was just having a discussion with another teacher yesterday and they told me about this site too. I will be checking into it and it sounds like it will be a valuable and engaging resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I was able to check into Flocabulary and was real impressed. I can see that coming in real handy the rest of this year and next. I will use the free trial this year and see what I wanted to do next year. I was also able to look at some of the study jams. They are great too. I am going to use the fractions video with a few of my 3rd graders that are having trouble getting the concepts.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nathan! I'm glad you like Flocabulary. My kids absolutely love it. It doesn't get old to them. I felt like I had to spread the word. I wish I had it all year! :) Good luck with your move next year. Please let me know if I can help you in any way!

      ~Mimi

      Delete
  5. Hello -

    I asked Misty and Lorrea for a list of their favorite teacher sites. Yours was on the list and I can see why. You are an amazing teacher and you have so many great ideas! So I am awarding you the Tippy Top Blog Award. You can view it here: http://technology-adventures.com/tippy-top-blog-awards-2/

    Tippy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    1. I hope you don't mind but I would like to pin this post on my testing pinboard on Pinterest. Love how you've got it all organized by subject! :)

    2. I hope you don't mind a new follower. I'm currently a 3/4 grade teacher in Alaska but I'm moving back to Indiana and I'm not sure exactly what position I'll be taking. So I'm finding great bloggers in all different grades to have a plethora of friends to be inspired by and networking with.

    Have a beautiful day!

    Miss Wilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind on either accounts! You are always welcome to post anything that I post! Good luck in Indiana! I, too, will be moving this year. I'll still be in fifth, but things will be new. :) Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  7. Love these ideas for reviews. Thanks!!

    Misty
    I MOVED! Check out my new site:
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mimi! I love the science links you posted, my kids will love the Fossil Rocks video! I just found your blog, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also use Flocabulary with my students. I am looping up this year with my students from 4th to 5th. I'm continually looking for new and innovative ideas to use with my students and to link to my own website. Thank you for your wonderful ideas. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete